Summer Vacation is a recharging time....






 

Things have been crazy around out here.  I switched districts and found an AMAZING team and found my home.  I also moved and had my mother-in-law and sister-in-law move in with us as well.  Adjustments over the last school year have been mainly positive consisting from my running one half in August of last year to having to having done my 3rd of this year in June.  I have at least two more planned and goals on improving my times and health.  The school year was tough overall and a larger part of it was due to a lack of accountability, yet my team bonded and strengthened throughout the year.  The struggles this year have had me seeking solace in my house and my books as a way to handle the stress and pressure of the constantly performing required from being an educator.  Winter break had me not leaving my house A LOT, and I will honestly say that the first couple of days after the school year was over I holed up and avoided people.  I have set a goal for book reading this year, thanks to one of my team mates, and that allowed me to be my introvert self.  I participated in RAGNAR which was a challenge and then two weeks later I embarked on a 7 day road trip with a co teacher and had one of the best trips I have had in a long time.  I saw 3 National Parks and have discovered a goal to visit all 63 with my family.  Where I live in Colorado, I live within 5 hours of 3 National Parks and I am going to use my time off to make plans with my husband and kids to visit.  As I have started to do this I have noticed that starting to make these plans and discussing and having goals for the time I spent with my family, has been surprisingly a way to recharge and has me looking forward to organizing my school year so I can make the most of my time off.  But the month of June, I found myself busy and moving and then on my birthday I had a race and I havent really done much since.  Now two weeks later Im coming up to the planning and getting ready for the upcoming school year and trying to figure out where the time went.  I feel like time has gone by really quickly yet I am surprisingly recharged and relaxed and feeling as though mentally I am able to handle the upcoming year.  I am very excited for how things are going to play out.



Comments