Scheduling Me-Time

  


  As I sit here typing this I have just inhaled a cheese stick (first thing I have eaten today) and I am waiting on the PBJ that my little one has asked for repeatedly while her nails are drying.  Since its Winter Break, things should be relaxed right?! Wrong, I feel more pressured then ever to get everything done and organized before I go back to work.  There are presents to wrap and send out, plus I have to finish wrapping the presents for under our tree.  And all of the other things that are waiting daily to be taken care of ... WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BEING A TEACHER MOM.

    So my body has started to quietly tell me that I need to balance.  Balance is hard for everyone right? I mean there wouldnt be so many people screaming about balance if it were easy right?! I have kind of ignored all that screaming and relaxed every once in a while, except now my body is no longer quietly demanding it is SCREAMING from the tops of the mountains out here in Colorado that I need to balance and take care of myself.  My eczema has broken out really bad that I am going to get a cortisone shot to try and heal it up (the last time it was this bad I had to get 3 in a 3 week period) so hopefully my efforts will curb the necessitating of 2 more after this one.  I know something I am eating triggers it as well as stress so I am switching to a plant-based lifestyle starting January.  Not to mention I plan to kick the soda habit sooooooo that is going to be a struggle but I think its necessary for my health.  Work has been really stressful and I think that also is contributing to the body demanding that I find balance.  I have anxiety and I struggle with sleeping plus I tend to eat when I am stressed.  I mean it spells desserts backwards right?!  So I am trying out meditation in the morning and evening hoping that will help me with sleep and centering myself everyday.  The meditations that I have done before bed have worked great in helping me sleep, I seem to sleep deeper and Tim is hoping that I will eventually get to the point of not needing the TV on all night long.  I know that exercise helps with stress and anxiety and all that and again since the eczema and the anxiety and lack of sleep have started to take their toll on my body I signed up for a running group hoping to make friends as well as exercise.  Since I have all these ideas to try and help myself , I really dont want to fail.  I feel kind of desperate about the need to stay on track with this.  I am scheduling out my days (something I never thought I would do) and setting up a routine.  Like a morning self-care routine that lets me get ready with out feeling as though I am rushing, and maybe even eat breakfast (again something I dont usually do).  I also plan to schedule a self-care evening routine that allows me to take care of my skin (which I was REALLY shocked at how awful it had started looking.  I felt like I looked sick and that terrified me. My dad died at 63 from a massive heart attack that  could have been avoided.  I dont want the same thing happening to me.  So to see myself looking sick though I felt ok and I am only 40 scared me.  

    Trying to make sure that I keep to all these plans I have jumping through my mind, I will of corse plan and schedule but I am hoping to vlog and blog my experiences in a hopes to keep myself on track.  My health is only one aspect of the me time I am trying to carve out also.  I want to go back to school and get my masters, and I have ideas for the curriculum I teach for next year.  That is for a different blog post maybe at the beginning of the year to start a fresh new year.  So I will sign off now and begin thinking of my word to represent 2022. 

Comments